I am a UX / product designer and technical product manager. I focus on data-driven products for mobile and web.
Here is a sample of some of past and present design and product work:
Battle Motors (Logo Design)
PhotoStats.io (iOS + Android)
WHERE TO FIND IT: http://www.photostats.io/
WHAT IS IT: PhotoStats is an iOS and Android app that lets you track your photos without depending on external services. The app keeps a log of your photo history, enables you to use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to tag and label your photo library automatically, and provides a bunch of visualizations to see your photo taking over time. Learn insights over time. Your photo data can tell a story. We help you do it.
STATUS / WHAT’S NEXT ONE DAY: The current version of the app, built in React Native, is stable and actively used on iOS and Android. I’d like to expand it to provide better search by tags and richer reports. Perhaps one day we can do a mood tracking, personality tests, or somethign else based on your photos.
- BioMarkerTracker - Intended as a followup to Awesome Biomarkers DB, this apps aimed to a data-driven tool to help people understand, assess and take positive actions to improve their health. Still might resurface this one day but for now dev has stopped.
WHERE TO FIND IT: https://github.com/markwk/awesome-biomarkers
WHAT IS IT: Curated List of Biomarkers, Blood Tests, and Blood Tracking. Learn more about blood testing, biomarkers and tech and services to help quantify (and improve) your health! It currently includes several dozen common blood tests results.
STATUS / WHAT’S NEXT ONE DAY: My ultimate aim is to provide an open source and community database on and about biomarkers. That way we can build great technologies for individuals, companies and communities hoping to use biomarkers and health metrics to power their solutions. In the short-term I hope to provide reference ranges, more references to research papers and ideally a simple tool for checking latest labs. Long-term we need to explainable ML and AI that translate our blood tests and biomarkers into predictions and recommendations.
Manifest Journal: Journal that Tracks, Empowered by AI
|Launch Page and Newsletter Signup||Open Source Code in React Native|
What is it?
- Manifest is a voice powered journal that offers you analytics about yourself over time. We utilize sentiment analysis open source tools to bring to you a new zoomed out perspective.
- We are a team that met at a hack-a-thon in Los Angeles! We are building this app to help address the noisy world we all live in. We beleive journaling is key to growth and peace of mind.
Customer Interviews and Validation:
- “Things I totally believed whole heartedly have completely changed over time. Through journaling, I realized the impermanence of things. But also felt a sense of recognition of my growth.” — Robert, Avid Journaler
- “I’ve been journaling for the last 5 years and it’s really changed my life…I don’t miss big things in my life. I refer back to my journal all the time.” - Knight, Avid Journaler and Chess Player
What Has Been Built?
During the weekend, we created:
- a react native app that provides
- voice-to-text input and then uses
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) from IBM Watson and Google’s BERT to
- extract sentiment and emotion and
- calculate “Growth Mindset” Asssesment
Active Work is being done on UX Design, Customer Development and new completely revised journaling app focused on voice-centered interaction and AWS Amplify integration.
WHERE TO FIND IT: http://www.podcasttracker.com
WHAT IS IT: Podcast Tracker is a web service to track your podcast listening, view your basic stats and export your podcast listening history. It has several hundred users and thousands of podcasts and episodes.
STATUS / WHAT’S NEXT ONE DAY: Current version was built in Drupal 7 and remains active and maintained with daily users. I plan to do a full rebuild one day likely in Python with an API-first approach and integrated into existing podcast listening apps (or maybe one day build our own app for passive tracking).
WHERE TO FIND IT: https://todoist-export.herokuapp.com/
WHAT IS IT: Website to export and download your completed tasks history from Todoist.com. Built using Python and Flask and integrated with Todoist API.
STATUS / WHAT’S NEXT ONE DAY: Largely built as a way to learn improvement my python and flask skills, I hope to expland it one day to include more charts, graphs and analytics.
NOTE: An Open Source Version is also available here: https://github.com/markwk/todoist_export